And then I needed to find ten things I’m thankful for in my life right now.
Eh, it’s not that hard, actually. So, here goes.
1. I’m thankful that my oldest son FINALLY decided he wants to learn how to drive. And now he drives us all over town – whether we need him to or not (you remember those days, don’t you?) Honestly, this is a big step for him – it marks his transition from “boy” into “man”. Yes, yes it does.
2. I’m thankful my oldest daughter enjoys her college life but still likes to come home on her school breaks. Because she likes to unwind, she says. And also, she enjoys spending time with her family. (Dyanne, Kyle will do this, too. I promise. And it will warm your heart.)
3. I’m thankful my youngest daughter has a very strong sense of self as she enters her freshman year of high school (and I’m also thankful that her school currently only houses freshmen and sophomores. Even though this is temporary – come on, new Joplin High! – it does help make the transition from middle school to high school just a little less intimidating.)
4. I’m thankful for my youngest son’s sense of humor – even if it is a tad bit inappropriate at times (well, most of the time). Seriously, you have no idea the conversations we have at the dinner table.
5. I’m thankful that my husband is willing to take the afore-mentioned oldest son out to practice driving.
6. You know what? As I sit here writing this, I realize I’m thankful that my husband and I are still best friends after all these years. Seriously, he cracks me up and keeps me sane, all at the same time.
7. I’m thankful that we finally got moved into our new office. And we all still like each other.
8. Did I mention that we recently spent a week in Gulf Shores with two other families? And that together we amounted to six adults and eleven kids? Yep, and all three families are still friends. Once again, it was the best week of my year.
|A fond send-off on our last night at the beach|
9. I’m thankful for the restaurant scene here in Joplin. Seriously, how many cities our size boast more than ten locally owned eateries that all deserve a mention on the Food Network? If you are ever in Joplin, let me know. I’ll set you up with some good eats. I promise.
10. Woohoo! School started this past week! ‘Nough said….