|Keep on keepin' on....|
I love New Year’s Eve. Every year on December 31st I reflect on all the joys, sorrows, successes, and failures of the past year while considering personal goals for the coming year.
Over the past twelve months I have seen my friends add to their family, I have witnessed my community’s dedication to its future by approving funding to build new schools for our children, I have watched some dear, strong women battle cancer, I have encouraged others to become active in their communities, and I delivered a little rant about the danger associated with our country’s love affair with guns. I wrote about kids, art, schools, and sports. I became a published author (yay!) and received a lot of love from BlogHer and some other generous, awesome big-time bloggers. I wrote about golf and church and summer vacation and celebrities. I introduced you to some of my favorite local eateries and kept you posted on Joplin’s post-tornado progress. And I wrote about my mother-in-law.
I think I kinda like this writing thing.
So, what are my plans for 2013? I plan to continue writing about the good stuff. You know, art. Family. Community. Love. People. All the things that remind us that, even though the world can be a scary place, it is still filled with hope and love. We just have to keep the faith.
And, as we say goodbye to 2012, I want to share the final chapter of Dawn Hobbie Sticklen’s List of All-Time Greatest Songs. May you have a happy, healthy, productive New Year!
19. “Don’t You Forget About Me” – Simple Minds
18. “Don’t Let Me Be Lonely Tonight” – James Taylor
17. “The One Thing” – INXS
16. “Breakdown” – Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
15. “Feelin’ That Way/Anytime” – Journey
14. “Take Me Home” – Phil Collins
13. “Moving in Stereo” – The Cars
12. “Rock On” – David Essex
11. “Melt With You” – Modern English
10. “Nineteen Hundred Eighty-Five” – Wings
9. “Tainted Love” – Soft Cell
8. “Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding” – Elton John
7. “American Pie” – Don McLean
6. “Amy” – Pure Prairie League
5. “Seven Bridges Road” – The Eagles
4. “Blinded by the Light” – Manford Mann’s Earth Band
3. “Children of the Sun” – Billy Thorpe
2. “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” – Rolling Stones
And the #1 song on my list of 100 all-time greatest songs?
1. “Sister Christian” – Night Ranger
WHAAATTT? You don’t like my choices?? Feel free to create your own list and share some of your choices in the comments section below! Also, what are your plans for 2013? What would you like to continue doing this next year? What do you plan on changing? Let me know your thoughts – you know I love hearing from you!
Happy new year!