|I like music. |
(Image courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net)
Welcome back to another installment of “Music Mondays”, the least favorite day of the week made a little bit more tolerable through the discussion of one of the greatest art forms: music.
Today I would like to add the second grouping of Dawn Hobbie Sticklen’s 100 All-Time Favorite Songs. As you may recall from a previous post, several years ago a couple friends of mine and I decided to compose lists of 100 of our all-time favorite songs. Yes, we were probably bored. And it’s possible I was pretending that VH1 needed our combined musical expertise and witty repartee for a future program. Or I might have been experiencing a mid-life crisis (I’m mature for my age). Who knows what prompted us to do this? Nonetheless, I now have this handwritten list that I saved for several years just to share with you (there, that should make you feel special and now, suddenly, Monday is your favorite day of the week, isn’t it?)
OK, where was I? Oh, yes, the list. Believe it or not, it was more difficult to compose this list than I originally anticipated. But, after several days of deliberation, our lists were completed and we shared them with each other. Naturally we each had some “surprise” songs on there – songs or artists that the others were not familiar with – the best surprise, however, was finding someone else had also included the same song somewhere on his list. It was a great exercise, and we made our families crazy while we worked on them, but it was so much fun and I am still ever-so-glad we put these lists together.
And now I would like to share numbers 60-79 (or is it, 79-60?) with you. I hope you enjoy!
79. “Fall Down” – Toad the Wet Sprocket
78. “Lady” – Styx
77. “The Chain” – Fleetwood Mac
76. “Summer Highland Falls” – Billy Joel
75. “Don’t Look Back in Anger” – Oasis
74. “Sugar Mountain” – Neil Young
73. “More Than a Feeling” – Boston
72. “Something About You” – Level 42
71. “A Day in the Life” – The Beatles
70. “You Were Only Joking” – Indigo Girls
69. “Live and Let Die” – Wings
68. “Stay” – Lisa Loeb
67. “Vogue” – Madonna
66. “Cruel Summer” – Bananarama
65. “In the Air Tonight” – Phil Collins
64. “Too Much Time on My Hands” – Styx
63. “Lovin’, Touchin’, Squeezin’” – Journey
62. “Disarm” – Smashing Pumpkins
61. “Please Don’t Go” - KC & The Sunshine Band
60. “Moondance” – Van Morrison
What? You don’t like my picks? Create your own list. And then come back and share it with us here! I want to know, what are some of your all-time favorite songs? Don’t worry, we’re counting all the way down to Number One, so you have plenty of opportunities to share some songs now and then again later! Tell us, who are your favorite performers? What are some songs that hold powerful memories for you? What was your favorite concert? Share, share, share with us in the comments section below!