“Never put off until tomorrow that which can be done today.” Thomas Jefferson
“There’s no time like the present.” Proverb
Today is the day to get busy. Today is the day for you to act upon your ideas of how you can make the world around you a better place. You don’t have to end world hunger or eradicate poverty in one day, but you can do one small thing that will take the world one step closer to accomplishing those goals. Or you can make someone else’s life a little easier or more pleasant. You have this power, and you can – and should – do it Today.
Today you can:
- Call your mom.
- Call your dad.
- Call your siblings. Tell them you love them.
- Give your kids a hug and a kiss when they leave for school.
- Give your spouse a hug and a kiss when he or she leaves for work.
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter.
- Become an organ donor.
- Adopt a pet.
- Donate a dollar to whatever charity is being sponsored by a local retailer.
- Volunteer at your child’s school.
- Donate clothing or other household items to Goodwill, the Salvation Army, or another local shelter.
- Donate blood.
- Register to vote.
- Patronize a locally owned establishment.
- Buy artwork from a local artist.
- Donate to your local branch of Habitat for Humanity.
- Volunteer at a local medical clinic.
- Donate to the Red Cross’s disaster relief fund.
- Give someone a compliment and/or a smile.
- Sign your child up for an activity he or she wishes to pursue.
- Take pictures of your kids.
- Tell your spouse you love him or her.
You have been given this beautiful gift: Today. Celebrate it.
What are you going to do Today to make a difference? Tell us in the comments section!
And don't forget to enter the Energizer giveaway!